For urban explorers, the waterproof rucksack you choose will depend on what you are carrying in your bag. If you’re carrying camera equipment for catching stunning urban ruins, you’ll want to be sure the bag is water resistant at the very least. Many people might be surprised to learn that there are levels of waterproof backpacks from water resistant to 100% waterproof.
You’ll want a waterproof backpack that will be durable as well as waterproof since you’ll likely use it for a variety of activities. However, you might not need a 100% waterproof bag since you’re not going to be plunged into roiling rapids with your waterproof backpack.
This kind of bag will be resistant to splashes of light rain. It shouldn’t be left out in the rain for long periods of time since the water will soak through eventually. Dripping overhead pipes or light rain showers won’t be a serious problem for water-resistant bags.
These backpacks are a step up from the water-resistant bags. They can handle heavy rain showers and a short, quick fall into water. If you need a bag that will survive a long walk in the rain, a waterproof backpack will work fine.
100% Waterproof Backpacks
The best waterproof backpacks are ones that will actually float when submerged into water. They’re terrific for activities where they might get dumped into water like boating and rafting. If you have bedding that absolutely must stay dry, a 100% waterproof backpack is vital.
- Mesh shoulder straps for breathability
- Dual bottle holders
- Tear resistant material
- Adjustable shoulder and waist straps
- 3 chambers for storing items
- Padded adjustable straps
- Additional top-mounted handle
- Snaps and buckles to keep pack closed
- Ten separate compartments for storage
- Anti-scratch material
- Breathable, adjustable strap
- Security pocket to reduce theft
- Solar power panel for charging devices
- Folds away in the backpack when not in use
- Lightweight and durable for a variety of uses
- Reflective light loop
- Padded interior
- Adjustable shoulder strap and hip belt
- Five exterior pockets